This year’s draft update of the Southeast Conservation Blueprint is now up and ready for you to explore. We made lots of great improvements this year, including:
- Fixed the overprioritization in Texas, Oklahoma, and the mountains of West Virginia and Virginia
- Improved priorities in the Lower Mississippi Valley, Louisiana marshes, and the Southern Appalachians
- Updated inputs from Florida and the Middle South
- Expanded marine coverage to fully include state and federal waters around Florida
- Hubs and corridors layer now includes all of Florida
The draft Blueprint update is now online here: https://seregion.databasin.org/galleries/5ada9ba2aefe4151aefba9aa877b2664. If you see any major problems with it, just let me know (email@example.com). The plan is for this update to be final after the Southeast Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies (SEAFWA) meeting at the end of this month.